Advisor to the President of the United States said that Trump did not ask for help from Xi Jinping in re-election

3
0
Advisor to the President of the United States said that Trump did not ask for help from Xi Jinping in re-election

Advisor to the President of the United States said that Trump did not ask for help from Xi Jinping in re-election
The information he refutes is contained in the forthcoming memoirs of former Assistant President for National Security John Bolton

NEW YORK, June 21. The head of the National White House Trade Council, Peter Navarro, claims that US President Donald Trump did not ask Chinese President Xi Jinping for help in re-election for a second term. The corresponding statement, Navarro made on Sunday on CNN.

He was asked about the allegations of former presidential aide for national security, John Bolton, who in his upcoming memoirs indicated that during a bilateral meeting at the G20 summit in Japan last June, Trump allegedly “begged Xi [Jinping] to ensure his victory ” at the elections. “I never heard of this,” Navarro pointed out. “I was in the same room.”

“No matter what Bolton says about China, it’s just stupid, because not one of the American presidents has taken China more harshly than the current one,” he said.

Earlier, Bolton’s allegations were also rejected by the US representative at the trade talks, Robert Lightheiser. The allegations of the former presidential aide, he called “complete insanity.”

Bolton Book
On Tuesday, the US Department of Justice, also serving as the attorney general, sued Bolton in connection with the upcoming publication of his book “The Room Where It Happened: A White House Memoir”. The authorities blame Bolton for violating the obligations of non-disclosure of information constituting a state secret, which he took upon himself, becoming an assistant to the president.

A federal court in the Metropolitan District of Columbia dismissed the Justice Department’s lawsuit, noting that copies of the book had already been printed and sent to warehouses in the United States and other countries, and they also fell into the hands of the press. In this regard, the court refused to order the seizure and destruction of these books.

ALSO READ:  Turkey demanded the arrest of the admiral for a letter in defense of the Montreux convention

The judge acknowledged that the former assistant to the American leader “jeopardized the national security of the United States” and may result in “administrative (and potentially criminal) responsibility”.

Trump’s goals
Bolton’s work was supposed to be released in March, but its publication was postponed first until May, and then until June 23. The National Security Council of the White House on January 23 sent a notification to the lawyer of ex-assistant Trump Charles Cooper that the book contains information constituting state secrets, and therefore cannot be printed in its current form.

Critics believe that the White House is trying to prevent the release of the full text of memoirs, so as not to undermine the position of the president in anticipation of the upcoming elections in November. Trump intends to seek re-election on them.

He announced the appointment of Bolton as his national security assistant in March 2018, and after 18 months he dismissed him.