Biden Says Some States Are Easing Sanitary Restrictions Too Early

16
0
Biden Says Some States Are Easing Sanitary Restrictions Too Early

The President of the United States urged not to give up wearing masks, as well as to continue to comply with the norms of social distancing
Some state authorities are lifting sanitary restrictions imposed by the pandemic too early. This was announced on Monday at the White House by US President Joe Biden. “Yes,” the American leader said when a journalist asked if he believed that “some states should suspend” their efforts in this direction. In addition, Biden urged not to give up wearing masks, as well as to continue to comply with the norms of social distancing. “I repeat my call to all governors, mayors, local leaders to maintain and restore the mandatory mask regime,” the US president said.

“We need everyone to do their part. We are still at war with this deadly virus. We are strengthening our defenses, but this war is far from being won,” Biden added.

During his speech, he also announced new measures to expand the vaccination of the population. “I am pleased to announce that at least 90% of all adults in this country will be eligible for vaccination by April 19, because we have [enough doses] of vaccine for most of the adult population,” said the American leader. According to him, the remaining 10% will be able to get vaccinated by May 1. Biden also stressed that authorities will ensure that for 90% of Americans, vaccination sites are no more than five miles (about 8 km) from their home.

ALSO READ:  Pentagon chief candidate Lloyd Austin said he was concerned about the influence of Russia and China in the Arctic.