China announced Iran’s support for sanctions: events on the night of March 28

16
0
China announced Iran's support for sanctions: events on the night of March 28

Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi, during a meeting with Iranian President Hassan Rouhani in Tehran, declared the unacceptability of unilateral sanctions by individual states against Iran. This was announced on March 28 by the Chinese Foreign Ministry. “As before, and now, as well as in the future, China continues to oppose increasing pressure on Iran from the outside through one-sided sanctions,” Wang Yi quoted the website of the Chinese Foreign Ministry as saying. “Beijing firmly supports Tehran in its striving to protect state sovereignty and develop in accordance with its own choice. Any unilateral sanctions contradict the norms of international law, especially if they are based on lies, ”he said.

The United States condemns the sanctions imposed by China on two American individuals over the Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region and considers them unfounded. This statement was made by US Secretary of State Anthony Blinken. “The United States condemns the unfounded PRC sanctions against two members of the US Commission on International Religious Freedom, which apparently were introduced in response to US sanctions against Chinese officials related to serious human rights violations in Xinjiang,” statement by the press service of the State Department.

The Syrian Oil Ministry has imposed restrictions on the supply of fuel in the country due to the suspended import of energy resources through the Suez Canal, Sky News reported. The authorities explained that such a step is necessary to ensure that hospitals, telecommunication centers, and key infrastructure facilities are supplied with the required volumes of fuel. Sky News notes that even before the incident that paralyzed traffic on the Suez Canal last week, there was an energy shortage in Syria. This is largely due to the sanctions imposed by Western countries against Damascus.

The largest French transport company CMA CGM Group sent two of its vessels heading to Asia, bypassing the Suez Canal – past the Cape of Good Hope. A representative of the carrier told a TASS correspondent about this. As the interlocutor of the agency noted, at the moment already “10 ships of the company are awaiting passage through the channel.” “The company has decided to send two of its vessels heading to Asia around the Cape of Good Hope and is considering other alternatives for its customers, including air and rail,” CMA CGM Group said.

The subgroup on the security of the contact group on Donbas will hold a meeting in connection with the escalation of the situation in eastern Ukraine on March 29 or 30. This was announced on Saturday, March 27, by the ex-president of the country, the head of the Kyiv delegation in the group, Leonid Kravchuk. “Our security group made up their minds and proposed a meeting. We wanted to meet today. But that depends on the OSCE ambassadors. Perhaps it will be on Monday or Tuesday, “he said on the air of the Ukraine-24 TV channel, expressing confidence that the meeting of the subgroup will take place. At the same time, Kravchuk admitted that now the ceasefire in Donbas continues to operate, but not ideal. “The regime is working, but it is being violated,” he said. The politician also added that in order to resolve the exacerbation of the situation in the conflict zone, the President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky is holding talks to develop a position with the leaders of the Normandy Four.

ALSO READ:  NATO demanded to withdraw Russian troops from the border with Ukraine

Kantar poll results published on March 28 showed that the Christian Democratic Union (CDU) and Christian Social Union (CSU) bloc continues to lose popularity with potential voters in Germany ahead of the national elections scheduled for September. According to the poll, the CDU / CSU, to which German Chancellor Angela Merkel belongs, was supported by 25% of respondents, 2% less than a week earlier. The fall was the fourth consecutive drop in support for the conservative alliance to its lowest level since early March last year.

At least 102 people were killed during the crackdown on protests in various cities in Myanmar on March 27. This was reported on March 28 by the local edition of The Irrawaddy. According to him, among the dead, there are four children aged from five to 15 years. As the newspaper notes, the total number of victims during the entire time of the protests reached 429. The Myanmar military on February 1 announced the introduction of a state of emergency and the removal of the country’s leadership. Army representatives explained this with large-scale fraud in the November 2020 elections. The military has formed a new cabinet. Residents of the republic have been organizing anti-war protests since the beginning of February.