The Russian President ordered to ensure the most stringent safety requirements for the preparation and holding of the military parade.
Russian President Vladimir Putin ordered Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu to begin preparations for the Victory parade, which will be held June 24. About it reports a press-service of the Kremlin on Tuesday, May 26.”Order to begin preparations for a military parade in honor of the 75th anniversary of the victory in the Great Patriotic War in the Russian capital Moscow and other cities. We will do this June 24, the day when in 1945 took place the historic parade of the winners, when on the red square were the soldiers who fought at Moscow and defended Leningrad, fought at Stalingrad, liberated Europe, who took Berlin by storm,” – said Putin during a working meeting with Sergei Shoigu in a videoconference.
The Russian President ordered to provide “the most stringent safety requirements for the preparation and conduct of the parade.”
“Risks for all participants should be kept to a minimum, and better is possible”, – said Putin.
Putin also proposed to hold a March “Immortal regiment” on July 26.
“I want to say: we will closely look at the situation, evaluate possible risks in the coming months. And, of course, if in the opinion of specialists, it will be impossible to ensure the safety fully, then decide about a possible postponement of the March of “Immortal regiment” on the other, more recent terms,” he said.
We will remind, on April 16, President Putin announced the cancellation of the Victory parade in Russia on May 9 because of the difficult situation with coronavirus in the country and in Moscow itself, which has become the epicenter of the pandemic.
Earlier on Tuesday it became known that over the past day in Russia was renewed daily the record of deaths from the coronavirus – died 174, and the total number of victims reached 3 807 people. The number of people infected rose for the day at 8 915 person – to 362 342. With more than 130 thousand Russians have already recovered.