State Department names date for complete withdrawal of U.S. military from Afghanistan

By | July 30, 2020
State Department names date for complete withdrawal of U.S. military from Afghanistan

Pompeo recalled that the U.S. had previously concluded a peace treaty with the radical Islamic movement “Taliban”.

The U.S. military contingent will be fully withdrawn from Afghanistan in less than a year. This was announced by Secretary of State Michael Pompeo on Thursday, July 30, speaking before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee of the U.S. Congress. We are on the way to further reduction,” he said.

Pompeo recalled that the U.S. had previously concluded a peace treaty with the radical Islamic movement Taliban, which is waging war against the official Afghan government backed by Washington.

“We made an agreement. We’re going to get to zero, we’re going to get our powers out of there. I think it will be May next year,” the head of the US State Department said.

Earlier, the U.S. reportedly reduced the military group in Afghanistan. The military bases that housed the U.S. Army’s withdrawn units have now been handed over to the Afghan government.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

10 − 8 =