The head of the TNC of Libya announced his intention to temporarily withdraw from his authority

By | September 16, 2020
The head of the TNC of Libya announced his intention to temporarily withdraw from his authority

Head of the Libyan Government of national consent (GNC) Fayez Sarraj stated his intention to transfer his powers to executive authority by the end of October.
“I declare to everybody my sincere desire to transfer my powers to a new body of executive power maximum till the end of October”, – Sarrage stated in a video address published by press-service of PNC.

He explained that he expects completion of the work of the negotiation committee and the formation of a new President council of Libya by this date.
The vice-president of the Supreme Council of sheiks and elders of tribes of Libya as-Senussi al-Khalik earlier informed RIA Novosti that inter-Libyan negotiations will be held in Geneva from September 17-28. Earlier on Wednesday, a source in the administration of the president of Algeria informed TP that Sarrage intended to announce his resignation in the nearest hours “because of pressure exerted on him”.
Fayez Sarrage has been the head of the NTC of Libya since March 31, 2016.
In his speech, Sarrage noted that the NTC worked in “unnatural” conditions, facing obstacles in its activities.
“We are now witnessing inter-Libyah meetings and consultations under the auspices of the UN, and we welcome the encouraging initial recommendations announced as a result,” Sarrage said. “These consultations lead to a new preparatory period: unification of state institutions, preparation of conditions for presidential and parliamentary elections,” the head of the PNC said.
“I call on the negotiating committee, which is authorized to form a new body of executive power, to fulfill its historic obligations and to hurry with the formation of this power to ensure a peaceful and soft transition of power for all,” Sarrage noted.

From September 6 to 10, negotiations between delegations from the Supreme State Council of Libya (SSC) representing Tripoli and the parliament sitting in Tobruk were held in the Moroccan Bouznik. The meetings were preparatory in nature, anticipating the meeting of the inter-Libyan negotiation commission in Geneva on September 17-28.
The negotiations resulted in a full-scale agreement on the distribution of state institutions.

Earlier the vice-chairman of the Supreme Council of sheiks and elders of tribes of Libya as-Senussi al-Khalik told RIA Novosti that the negotiations taking place in Morocco are devoted to the distribution of state posts in the country. He explained that it is not a question of specific names, but of fixation of a certain number of seats behind each of three regions of the country (three historical regions of Libya) – Kirenaika, Fezzan, and Tripolitania.
In Libya, the confrontation continues between the Government of National Accord, which controls Tripoli and the territory in the west of the country, and the Libyan National Army under the command of Marshal Khalifa Haftar, which cooperates with the parliament sitting in the east. The NTC supports Turkey and Qatar, while the LNA supports Egypt and the UAE.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

two + 11 =