The United States, Australia, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Israel, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway, the Republic of Korea, Slovenia, and the United Kingdom have all expressed “joint concern” in connection with the report of experts from the World Health Organization (WHO) on the origin of the coronavirus.
“We join in the general concern over the recent WHO study in China while stressing the importance of working together to develop and use an effective international assessment of such outbreaks of unknown origin in the future,” the website said in a statement. US Department of State on March 30 and notes that the organization’s mission is critical to advancing global health goals. In their statement, the countries argue that the WHO allegedly did not provide the data in full, and the international expert study of COVID-19 was carried out late, many samples were lost.
States urge that such a situation analysis be carried out in the second phase. They look to other foreign countries to confirm their commitment to this goal. The document also emphasizes that the creation of an independent team of scientists, designed to determine the real cause of the infection, will avoid similar mistakes in the future.
Earlier on Tuesday, WHO released a report on an expert trip to China to investigate the origins of the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus. The materials noted that the laboratory origin of the infection was considered extremely unlikely.
Washington followed this up with dissatisfaction with the experts’ findings, pointing out that the leak was plausible. In February, US National Security Assistant Jake Sullivan said Washington insists that China provide data on the spread of the coronavirus from the earliest days of the outbreak. According to him, the US authorities are concerned about the type of information provided about COVID-19.