The U.S. has no plans to be the first to soften sanctions against Iran | TOP-NEWS
The U.S. has no plans to be the first to soften sanctions against Iran

The U.S. has no plans to be the first to soften sanctions against Iran

Washington and Tehran disagree on who should take the first step in talks

Until talks begin on a return to a deal on Iran’s nuclear program, the United States has no plans to take any steps in response to pressure from the Iranian side, the White House said Friday.
Tehran and Washington are at odds over who should take the first step to reopen the 2015 agreement.

Iran has previously proposed that the U.S. lift sanctions imposed by former U.S. President Donald Trump. In particular, Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif said that Tehran would “immediately stop” its nuclear activities as soon as U.S. sanctions are lifted.

Washington urged Tehran to first return to compliance with the terms of the agreement.

Recall that on Thursday, the United States said it was ready to negotiate with Iran to renew the “6+1” agreement on Iran’s nuclear program, from which U.S. President Donald Trump withdrew three years ago. Under this agreement, Iran agreed to a number of restrictions on its nuclear program in exchange for the removal of international sanctions. Washington imposed sanctions unilaterally after Trump withdrew from the deal. Iran, in turn, began violating the terms of the agreement in 2019

ALSO READ:  Media: Biden considers easing sanctions against Iran

White House spokeswoman Jen Psaki noted that the European Union has offered to resume dialogue between Iran and the rest of the pact’s parties: Britain, China, France, Russia and Germany. According to her, the U.S. does not intend to take any steps to soften sanctions against Iran before the talks begin.

Social Share Buttons and Icons powered by Ultimatelysocial