YouTube removed RT’s video of Donald Trump’s speech at a conference in Orlando, the network reported.
Speaking Sunday at the conservative CPAC conference, the politician said he might decide to run for president again. He said Democrats will lose the 2024 presidential election. This was Trump’s first public appearance since leaving office.
Youtube “blew up” over White House ban on dislikes
After that, RT received a warning from YouTube. The press service of Google, which owns the video hosting, told RIA Novosti that YouTube’s policy prohibits content that talks about mistakes that influenced the outcome of the US presidential election, but there are exceptions for some videos.
“YouTube removed our video of Trump’s speech from the conservative conference in Orlando. The video site had also previously slapped us with a warning for it. Allegedly there was “not enough context that further describes and demonstrates that this is Trump’s violative CPAC speech, although it is life with no commentary,” the message in RT’s Telegram channel reads.
As RT noted, Reuters, The Independent, ABC, and many other media outlets still have a recording of the same speech available.
In recent months, foreign platforms have frequently blocked Russian media accounts. For example, Facebook banned the account of the Baltnews news agency without any explanation. In October, Twitter marked RT TV channel’s account of the U.S. elections as potentially misleading, and before that, it removed the account of RIA Novosti from its search results. Twitter had previously blocked the profiles of RT and Sputnik in the same way.
On October 28 Roskomnadzor demanded from Facebook, Twitter, and Google to stop censorship of Russian media.